Saturday, August 12, 2017

2016 German Topps Star Wars Rogue One

My son and I watched Rogue One yesterday and so when I saw these for sale at the local news shop, I had to pick one up....at 1 Euro a pack, I couldn't resist.  Manufactured by Topps Deutschland, these 5-card packs offer good value for the collector.  This 212-card set is broken up into 4 subsets.  #1-160 are the Regular Cards, cards #161-192 are the special Holo Cards, cards #193-202 are the Semi-Transparent Cards, and cards #202-212 are special Sticker Cards.  What is unique about these sets is Topps allows you to buy individual cards off of their website to help fill in holes.  The cost is €0.27, €0.58, €1.12, & €1.12 respectively, for the above categories.  The quality is good and there is a mix of German and English on the cards.  I ended up with 4 Regular Cards and 1 Special Holo Card.  Pack odds are 1:2 packs for a Holo Card, 1:6 packs for both Semi-Transparent and Sticker Cards.  Also, 1 in every 50 packs contains a Limited Jyn Erso or Director Krennic cards.  There are 4 other Limited cards you can get in various ways: Baze Malbus, Darth Vader, Cassain Andor, and the Death Star.  It looks like a fun set to chase...I'll have to keep an eye out for this stuff from The Last Jedi coming out in a few months.  Btw, I found out that the Death Star is called the Kustentruppler in German.  Give me a holler if you have any questions!





3 comments:

Billy Kingsley said...

Way cool! I had no idea they existed. Kustentruppler, eh?

Fuji said...

Thanks for sharing! I wonder what other countries did Topps produce Star Wars (or any trading cards) for. Have you found any German baseball cards yet?

SumoMenkoMan said...

I know Japan has done some stuff for SW. No German baseball cards yet. Panini's German headquarters is about 5 miles away from where we live. I intend to scope it out one of these days. Make an appearance and see what goodies I can score.

I'm hoping I'll start seeing soccer cards make an entrance here soon too. More to follow.