Friday, September 18, 2009

2000 Upper Deck Pros & Prospects

I can't remember exactly where I got this pack, but I think it was at a card show and I believe it cost me a dollar. I think it was stuck between a pack of early '90s Score football and a WNBA pack.

59 - Kerry Wood (Wood is the reason why pitchers' careers are scary, often fleeting things. If I was a Giants fan or, more particularly, a Tim Lincecum fan, I would be Scared. To. Death.)

33 - Juan Gonzalez

45 - Jeff Bagwell (Why does every pack I have purchased from the years 1991 to 2005 seem to have Jeff Bagwell in it?)

19 - John Olerud (Yes, John Olerud wore a batting helmet in the field. I bet you'd make fun of him if you saw him. Well, did you ever skip the minor leagues entirely, flirt with a .400 batting average and pull an OPS of 1.072? Did you? That's what I thought.)

70 - Jeff Kent

- Don Drysdale sweepstakes thing

No comments: