Wednesday, September 30, 2015

2015 Topps Football Retail

I haven't seen a pack of Topps Football up here yet so why not.  This is a retail pack picked at random from a blaster box.
I'll assume since this is the last year, for the foreseeable future, that Topps is going to be producing football cards they decided to go a little outside the box.  The design looks more like something you'd see out of the Bowman brand.  I'm guessing Topps was going for a futuristic look.  It just seems really busy to me and out of place for Topps flagship, but I don't hate it.  I also don't really love it. Maybe it'll work better in Chrome.
I like the card number being up and center on the back, this will make box collating easier, overall the backs are pretty typical Topps with stats, facts, and a blurb.  Here are the rest of the cards in the pack.


Topps increased the size of the set from 440 cards to 500 this year.  Did they add more players?  Nope they brought back the art of the subset.  There are plenty in this years set like Matt Forte's Fantasy Studs card and Marshawn Lynch's Topps 60.
Team cards gotta love them team cards.
The pack promises one rookie per pack.  I ended up with two.
Every pack comes with an insert as well.  I ended up with this Megatron 1000 Yard Club insert.


No comments: