Saturday, May 04, 2013

1991 Kelloggs Leyendas Hispanas del Beisbol

Greetings!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Chicago sports fans are feeling pretty good, as the Blackhawks are up 2-0 on the Wild, and the Bulls just took Game 7 from the Nets and get to lose to the Heat (I hope I'm wrong, but beating Miami is not realistic...they should give them a good fight though).  As for the Cubs and White Sox, well, 2 out of 4 ain't bad.

I'm too lazy to play with Blogger's schedule / timer / whatever you call it function, so I'm posting this a day early.  In honor of Cinco de Mayo, here's some 1991 Kelloggs Leyendas Hispanas del Beisbol!
Ellos son grandes!
I was not able to find any specific info about this set on the interwebs.  I know it's a 10 card set, and based on the cereal images on the back of the title card (see below), I would imagine we got the cards from either a Frosted Flakes or Froot Loops box (kids don't eat Corn Flakes unless they have no choice).  I also couldn't tell how many cards came in a pack; I'm just going to assume 5 cards came per pack and show you the cards already:


The cards are unnumbered, so typing the names out is pointless.  Notice that these cards are MLB approved, as you can clearly see the team logos on a couple of the cards.  Here's the backs:


The backs are not bad either.  The picture on the back is not a duplicate of the front and there's a brief write-up of the player in Spanish and English (notice the Spanish is in the stats and also gets top billing).  Three of the Legends are wearing Major League Baseball Players Alumni hats; this is the only place I've seen that logo on a card.

Here's a closer look at the Clemente back for those who are even more curious:


Anyway, that's the pack.  It would have been nice to get the Rod Carew card, but obviously Clemente's the winner of the set.  Eso es todo por ahora ... gracias por leer!

No comments: