Friday, July 22, 2016

2012-13 Panini Contenders basketball

And into the pack stash I dive. I finally cleared out the scan folder of older packs, but I still have quite the grouping of packs to post. Today, we visit the NBA from 4 years ago.


Just like their card backs are super boring, it seems all the releases of Contenders have boring packs as well. No cover boy/girl. Just stripes and a little bit of info about the product. Small 5 card pack.


Ya know - the design is not that bad. Context is gone, but the look is clean. THis could easily be a higher end release with the look of it. Foil only on the Contenders logo at the bottom. Otherwise, everything is easy to see and view. I like the faded silhouette last name.


If any negative, it's the fact that the smoke background is identical. Just recolored. Would be nice to see a few different patterns.


Insert set. I haven't followed basketball in many, many years, so not sure if this is a great pull or not. The design though.....meh.


I really have no idea if this pack is any good. Who are these people?


LINSANITY!!!! I know this dude. Jeremy is not into taking this photo. Seems like he's thinking "I can't believe I get the chest pass card in the set."

One other thing about the Lin card - with all that red, it really looks as if the back card backgrounds are not pure white but slightly....ever so slightly....toned a bit. Then again, that could be my scanner.

1 comment:

Billy Kingsley said...

I can't believe I never thought to post a pack of these. Cards are very white. Ross put up a 50 point game in his second season but then has not done much since. Conley is considered the best player to never make an all-star game in NBA history, and had he not spent his entire career in the West he would have been a multi time all-star. But he's behind Stephen Curry, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard and others. He now has the largest contract in NBA history but only until next off season most likely .