Tuesday, November 12, 2013

2013 Topps Archives Baseball

Greetings!

Hope everyone is doing well.  I had most of last week off (standard use your time off or lose them scenario), so I was in full laziness mode by the time Sunday evening rolled around.  I dreaded going back to work because I was used to not having to go.  This makes me wonder how'd I feel if I was a baseball player...I'd be off from the end of October (if my team was lucky) through February.  That'd be a whole lot of lazy.  Anyway, here's a pack of 2013 Topps Archives Baseball!


I'm surprised no one has posted a pack of this yet.  Target had packs of this set on sale a while back, so I picked up a few.  Here's what I got:


#19 - Tyler Skaggs (RC)
#53 - Brandon Phillips
#132 - Bronson Arroyo
#MT-ON - Otis Nixon

I liked that Topps used a non-baseball card design in one of their insert sets.  And it's Otis Nixon as well!  When's the last time he was on a card?



#72 - Harmon Killebrew
#111 - Brandon Morrow
#190 - Tony Gwynn
#47 - Ryan Howard

The four Topps designs (1972, 1982, 1985, and 1990) are showcased in the next four cards.  What's the point in having Tony Gwynn on the 1990 design when he already has a card in the 1990 set?  Topps should have put him on another design.

Is it possible that eventually a player (for example, Babe Ruth, who's on the 1972 design for this set) could have a card for every Topps design?  Seems possible to me, seeing that Topps is all-in on reusing their old designs.  Ponder that while you look at some card backs:
 

Anyway, that's the pack.  Enjoy the rest of the week and thanks for reading!

No comments: