Sunday, February 28, 2016

2016 Topps Spring Fever Baseball

 Back again for another year, Topps has really dialed the set back.  Gone is the foil board, as a matter of fact there's no foil at all on the card.  I'm not exactly sure what the design is all about and Topps didn't put too much effort in the back of the cards either.  There are 50 cards to the set and of course the slim possibility that you'll pull an autographed card.  You get 5 cards per pack and a MLB Wacky Packages promo card, Topps is really trying to sell that set.  , I think the promotion was you got one pack for every $20 on Series 1.

I didn't pull an auto, but I did get a nice Kris Bryant card.  I have to say while Topps has taken away all the embellishments from years past the cards do look nice.














8 comments:

P-town Tom said...

Maybe it's just me, but the little white spots in the lower half of the background of the card remind me of snow. Not very springy.

Twitch said...

Wow, four players I collect out of five cards. Insta-Hall-of-Fame! Also seconding P-town Tom on the snow thing. Nice looking cards, but that is a curious design element.

Stealing Home said...

Snow, or it's when your bathroom mirror is saying it's time to clean.

Big Tone said...

You see,Topps 2016 flagship could have looked like this ,guys! Let's be grateful.

Fuji said...

Those Wacky Packages promos definitely steal the show.

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

I agree the little white spots shouldn't be there, otherwise I like this design better than the flagship design with it's clouds/smoke. Nice pack BTW.

RAZ said...

I like the Spring Fever sets, but I prefer the previous ones that were garishly-colored and printed on shiny foil stock. I'll probably still try to track down a copy of this year's set.

Xavier Higgins said...

More rubbish, except for the wacky packages sticker.