Sunday, November 20, 2016

2004 Upper Deck Power Up Football

 Let me first apologize for the crappy photos.  My scanner is packed up and in storage so this is the best I can do for the forseeable future.

Anyway, I picked up this Power Up starter set at my last trade night at Bosco's here in Anchorage.  Couldn't pass up the pack for a dollar. I was hoping to pull a Favre or some other Packers for my team set.  Let's see what was in the box.
 This starter box comes with one pack and a card binder.  Originally you could by additional packs of 9 cards for $1.99.  There are multiple levels and it's a little like the old Wild Card sets from the 90's.

 All the cards had codes you entered at Upperdeckkids.com, which doesn't exist anymore.  Each card also had a points value.
 Inside the binder was a sticker with a scratch off code.  There are 30 stickers in the set.
Here's a look at the base cards.

 The rest of the base.
 I got one parallel card.  These green parallels were worth 100 points.

 The only insert in the set besides the stickers are these Shining Through cards.

No Packers, but not bad for a buck.

3 comments:

Billy Kingsley said...

These are terrible and actually kind of creepy. Insert is OK.

Fuji said...

I always thought these were inserts for some reason. Looks like there'll be some gaps in my baseball and football insert binders.

SumoMenkoMan said...

Interesting set for sure....not sure I am a fan.