Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2000 Topps Tek Baseball

I'm in clean-up mode around here.  Sometime in 2011 I held an all-Topps group break.  Since then, I've been holding on to the scans from the first pack of each box to post here at some point.  This is that point.  After all, what good is it to open a pack without contributing to the cause?

I told you I had more Tek for you.  I know you're excited!

#2-3 - Chipper Jones - Topps went easy on collectors this year.  There's only 1 version of each player, and I think the patterns were reduced to 20 as well.

#34-3 - Alex Rodriguez - Here's the back.  You can see it's pretty similar to last years.  The first number is the card number and the second is the pattern.  I know it's not very obvious.

#17-18 - Carlos Beltran - This is a color background parallel.  These fall 2 per box, so if you count these, there are 40 variations per player to go after.  Still better than 60.

#7-13 - Jim Thome - I feel the patterns are lazier this time as well.  Look at that.  A grid with a DOB.  Boring.

And that's it.  Only 4 cards per pack means you aren't going to build anything yourself.  The good news is someone will almost always need your cards to complete their own collection a decade+ later.

No comments: