Sunday, January 20, 2013

2003 Finest Baseball

I'm in clean-up mode around here.  Sometime in 2011 I held an all-Topps group break.  Since then, I've been holding on to the scans from the first pack of each box to post here at some point.  This is that point.  After all, what good is it to open a pack without contributing to the cause?

You can't read it, but the bottom promises 5 Super Premium Cards.  SUPER Premium.  This is back in the days where regular refractors were still pretty hard to come by in Finest.  Did we get one in this pack?

#58 - Edgar Renteria - Well, this is what these look like.

#35 - Vladimir Guerrero - Here's the back.  What do you guys say, is Vlad a Hall of Famer?  I say Hall of Very Good.

#101 - Adam LaRoche - Autograph - I mention in my breakdown that is one of the best non-retired autographs you can find in the box. I hate the numbering within the set when it's not really meant to be a "set" card.

#45 - Jim Thome - Thome is a HOFer in my eyes.  He'll be making an appearance in my "If I Were To Collect" series one of these days.

#56 - Jorge Posada - Did Jorge completely fall out of favor with Yankees fans at the end?  I don't think I know of anyone that specifically collects him, despite his longevity with the team.

Finest is anything but.  However, it's a great product to open.  The rare parallels and the promises and surprises in the mini boxes somehow is more appealing than a lot of regular boxes.  I hope to open another one day.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

The rare parallels and the promises and surprises in the mini boxes somehow is more appealing than a lot of regular boxes. I totally agree. I'm excited to see more in your next post. I enjoyed reading. Thanks for sharing.