Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2005 Topps Turkey Red Baseball Hobby

I'm in clean-up mode around here.  Sometime in 2011 I held an all-Topps group break.  Since then, I've been holding on to the scans from the first pack of each box to post here at some point.  This is that point.  After all, what good is it to open a pack without contributing to the cause?

I don't think he's smiling after that HOF vote, eh fellows?

#69 - Mark Loretta - I came to know this design from 2009 Topps.  The first time I got one in a pack, I had no idea what it was.

#4 - Cliff Floyd - A rare real background.  Does that mean it's a short print?  I have no way of knowing.

#116 - Jeremy Bonderman - I have to say I'm not really a very big fan of the design.  The texture, yes.  The puke gray (I'm making that a thing), no.

#184 - Felix Hernandez - How long before King Felix gets farmed out to another team?

#71 - Livan Hernandez - The Red borders are the most common parallel type.  Don't try to lift your leg too much Livan.

#262 - Willy Taveras - Here is what the backs look like.  Solid all-around.

#88 - Tony Womack - Now batting for the New York Americans... That doesn't look like any NYC skyline I've ever seen.

#226 - Hank Blalock - Last card in a very dull pack.  Sorry guys, that's what happens with first packs in a box sometimes.

Well, that finishes off the Topps group break and a big part of my APTBNL folder backlog.  Allow me to regroup and we can do it again with my Upper Deck break!

3 comments:

Stealing Home said...

Try not to lift your leg too much...LOL

xoCIGARS.com said...

I love Baseball and also love to read all baseball related post in blog. I just collect my baseball bat and gloves from at PIJ and now I share my opinion about this. PIJ is really a great site for pre order and I always love to get my baseball accessories from there.
http://bit.ly/matsui-sign

The Junior Junkie said...

Def. one of the more boring packs I've seen on here, but reminiscent of packs I tend to get.

Also, PIJ is American super fun time! They convey good tidings of gloved bats and balls also for baseball talking blog. Make happy smile trip PIJ for buying things for many times!