Sunday, August 15, 2010

2010 Panini NFL Adrenalyn XL

Photobucket

Hot on the heels of Panini's NBA Adrenalyn XL offering comes the NFL version of their trading card game.  Priced at $.99 a pack with each pack containing 6 cards I can see how this could potentially go over well with the masses.  I was tempted to pick up the starter kit w/ the binder, mat and 4 packs of cards, but I resisted until I had a hands on preview of the cards themselves.  Lets just say I may be going back to the store shortly!
Photobucket
#235 Tom Brady
Can't stand the Pats, but at least it's a decent start to the pack
Photobucket
The backs of the cards are rather generic like playing cards.  Other than the activation code on the bottom the only other thing  that changes from card to card is the player position and the accompanying logo of that position.
Photobucket
#296 LeSean McCoy
Photobucket
#205 Thomas Jones

Photobucket
#S9 Jonathan Stewart - Special
Woohoo!  A hit!  This card didn't scan very well at all as it features a nice rainbow sheen.  It's also an added bonus that he plays for the hometown Carolina Panthers!
Photobucket
#362 Steven Jackson
Another good NFC running back (stuck on a horrible team)
Photobucket
#320 Phillip Rivers
NC State alumni = a keeper

I haven't looked into the website or how the game is played yet, but in my free time I plan to do so.  I like the design of the cards and I'm so hungry for NFL football I'll do just about anything to get my fix. I also like how the set is rather large at 560 total cards.  That means players that get shafted in other football releases should get some attention in the form of their own card.

1 comment:

kevincrumbs said...

This Oregon Ducks fan approves of the Jonathan Stewart card.