Sunday, May 01, 2011

2011 Upper Deck Thor

 Photobucket

Upper Deck's latest sports efforts may have not wowed the masses, but their newest Marvel Comics movie tie-in set in my opinion is really nice.  5 cards per pack with retail packs ringing in at $1.99 it isn't the best value per se, but the card design is nice and the what appears to be one per pack inserts are nice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Remember in Iron Man 2 when the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent assigned to watch over Tony had to leave due to a disturbance out west?  This is what he was going to oversee...the discovery of Thor's hammer - Mjolnir!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've bought a few packs already and each pack has come with one sort of insert.  I love these Concept Series cards.  I just wish I knew who the artist was.  This artwork reminds me of Stuart Immonen a little.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I anxiously await this movie as Marvel seems to better themselves with each subsequent movie.  I love how the movies are starting to blend in as we approach the big screen debut of the Avengers movie in a few years.  Upper Deck has come a long way since their release Hulk Film & Comics card release for the first live action Hulk movie.  I would love to finish the base set of the Thor cards.  Perhaps these too will one day end up in the discount pack boxes @ Target.

No comments: