Monday, April 04, 2016

2016 Topps Star Wars: The Force Awakens Series 2 (Retail)

Back for a second helping Topps has released a new set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.  Interestingly enough the set does not continue numbering from the first series, instead we get basically a whole new set, so calling this Series 2 seems silly.

Here are the odds on the pack.

After opening the pack and looking through the cards I'm not sure if busting 6 card retail packs would be the best way to put together the base set, as I only got 2 base cards.  Seems like this series we get a lot more movie action shots, as Series 1 came out just before the movie and most of those cards seems to have been centered around not giving out any spoilers.

Here were my two base cards.




I also got one sticker card.


One Power of the First Order insert.


I didn't seen the green foil listed on the pack odds, but looking over at Cardboard Connection the green foil cards come one per pack.

And I also got a 1:4 Purple Lightsaber foil parallel card.


That's really just a taste of what's in the set.  There are plenty more insert sets to chase and while the odds are astronoically high in retail for pulling an auto there is a nice autograph set.  The scene shots look great.  Overall I think this is a much better set than the first series and the Journey set.  But that's just me.

No comments: