Wednesday, January 28, 2015

2011-12 Upper Deck SP Authentic hockey

Back to the scan folder. Posting this pack will put me under forty packs to post. Of course, I have about 10 packs that have never seen the light of APTBNL, so I really have a long way to go. I should just hijack this blog for 2 months.

Anyway, randomizer fell on 2011-12 UD SP Authentic. I believe this was a LCS purchase. I'll stop dragging my feet and get to the scans.


Either Nugent-Hopkins or Hall on the pack. Remember when those two were going to save the Oilers? Well Edmonton, you need some defense and goaltending too, otherwise you are just the Nordiques before they moved to Denver. Five cards.


It's a similar design to the other SP releases. All seem to have the same feel. WAY TOO much foil, with the lines, the logo, the player name and team. Very geometric front.


White sweaters don't work well with this design,


Nor does purple, but purple doesn't work well with anything.


DEATH TO BETTMAN STRIPES!


Last card - no hit in the pack. Oh well. And the backs.


Far too much empty space. You couldn't maybe put 4 or five years worth of stats, then a career total? Shame on you, Upper Deck.

No comments: