Wednesday, June 24, 2009

1987 Topps 21 Jump Street


Before Johnny Depp was donning puffy shirts and wearing more make-up than Tammy Faye, there was the "Hot Hit Show" '21 Jump Street.' I think I saw an episode or two, but I had completely forgotten the show existed until this pack came along...

Johnny Depp is part Cherokee Indian, according to the bio on the back of the card. I have no idea what that has to do with the photo:


What we have here are five 'sticker-cards.' You can peel the stickers, if you like, or you can keep them as they are as a card. Some of the cards have info, while others have puzzle pieces...


On the back of this one, Exec Prod Partick Hasburgh says he does it all for the kids: "We're doing real drama for kids without wrapping them up neatly at the end. Kids like that, like to be talked to like adults." Thanks, Dr. Spock...


Dustin Nguyen (below) learned how to speak English by watching TV. I'm not sure that work so well these days... I mean, how often do we need "botox," "controlling mother of eight," or "Sanjaya?"


I have no idea who this... And, I don't really care, do you?

3 comments:

Chris Harris said...

I think the dude in the Army uniform is Richard Greco. (Don't ask me how I know that.)

--David said...

Well, if you insist, I will not ask you....

Johngy said...

Darn no Holly Robinson card?