Tuesday, June 02, 2009

1995 Di-Mark Coors Brewing


For a few years, I lived in Colorado back in the late 80's. I never tried skiing (too many trees), but I did try Coors (too many clubs). I even did the brewery tour, at the end of which we received free samples. How could you not go?

I cannot help but sing "Eastbound and Down" looking through this pack of cards...


Like many other drink manufacturers, the look of the advertising changed over the years...


I obviously did not pay attention during the tour because I had no idea Coors was around long enough that it would be delivered by such an old model truck...


What a perfect way to end a pack of Coors card - with an empty bottle...

In addition to the regular issue cards, the set also had various chase sets: "Bright Lights (1:8 packs)," "Golden Moments (1:24 packs)," "Rocky Mountain Heritage (1:108 packs)," and "Coors Calls (1:120 packs)."

No comments: