Wednesday, June 03, 2009

2003 Comic Images Cat in the Hat

(This is actually TWO packs in one post. Humor me)


A book was once written
In '57 by man named Seuss
Then in 2003, a movie
based on the book was loosed.


Based on the movie it seems
Comic Images made some wax
And I said, "How I wish
I could bust open some packs!"


No border the cards did have.
And a logo was at the bottom.
The backs had little sayings,
But when you read, you forgot 'em.


So all I could do was to
Flip!
Flip!
Flip!
Flip!
At least I didn't get Bip.
No relics made these a gyp.


And then
An image appears!
How what appears confirmed my worst fears!


I looked!
Then I saw a skinny tall house!
I looked!
And I saw it!
The home was missing a mouse!
And I said to myself,
"Why do I sit here like a louse?"


I found a card of Sally
I think she's holding a phone.
But we all see
She is laying there all alone!


"I know some good games I could play,"
I said to myself.
"I know some new tricks,"
I said to the cards on the shelf.
"A lot of good tricks.
Is that Alec Baldwin I see, even?
I believe

That's got to better than if it were his brother Steven!"


Then myself and I
Looked in the mirror to say,
"I've got to get a hold of myself
and right away!"


But the voice said, "No! No!
Make the pack go away!
You'll never see this movie,
these cards go in a giveaway.
These should not be here.
They should not be about.
The cards should not be here
Your wife will scream and shout!"


"Now! Now! Have no fear.
Have no fear!" called the packs.
"Although we have no MOJO,"
Said the Comic Images wax.
"Why, we can have
Lots of good fun, when you blog,
With a rhyme or two for all
Your mind will come out of the fog!"


"Pick me up! said the cards.
"We're great, wonderful fun!
Pick me up!" said the cards.
"Together, we shall be one!"


"Have no fear!" said Alec with his pen.
"Aren't these cards great fun?
You can hold us up high
And blog about us until you are done.
Hold two in one hand!
Wear three in your hat!
But that is not all you can do!"
Were the words I heard as I sat...


Then my wife came in
And she said to me, too,
"What makes these things so fun?
Tell me. Do they really interest you?"

And myself and I did not know
What to say.
Should I tell her
The things that went on here this day?


Should I tell her about it?
Now, what should I do?
Well...
What would YOU do
If your wife had just asked you?

1 comment:

Matt Runyon said...

Nice post! It's great to get creative with these pack breaks. :)