Tuesday, June 23, 2009

2006-07 Upper Deck Be A Player Hockey

Here's a $5 hobby pack of hockey cards from Shopko. Hope it turns out better than the other $5 pack I bought from there (which will show up here eventually). The pack says look for autograph cards. Okay then, if you insist.


144 Zdeno Chara (Bruins)- Right off the bat I can say I like the way these look. The back says Chara is 6'9”/260.


210 Mark Stuart (Bruins) Rookie #'d 636/999- Naturally, both this and the next card had a dinged corner, and were the only two damaged cards in the pack.



TT Tim Taylor (Lightning) BAP Signatures- The Tool Man! Not the prettiest 'graph, but at least it is one. It appears he included his number on it. That was nice of him. A little personalization is always welcome. The auto is on a sticker if you can't tell, but being clear, it is un-intrusive and looks okay.


60 Peter Prucha (Rangers)- Here's what the back of the cards look like. Simple and clean, and I like the picture-in-picture effect (though it is the same one as is on the front). The rookie gets a headshot from the front on the back too, though the design is different.

Is n
et-finders common terminology for goal scoring, hockey fans? It sounds really weird to me.


19 Marty Turco (Stars)- Really nice looking cards. I wouldn't mind getting more of this if I actually collected hockey cards in a serious way. The Blackhawks in the set I could go for at least.

That was a nice pack, a numbered rookie and an autograph (only my second hockey sig). I don't know for sure, but does BAP have an auto in every pack? At any rate, it ALL looks good to my eyes. I am most pleased... though I suppose my only real use for these is as trade bait. So, uh, shoot me an email if you want to trade.

.::~Outtro~::.

6 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

no. net finders is NOT a term hockey fans use.
People who know nothing about hockey, but are paid to try and make it hip to the youngin's maybe.
but not for hockey fans.

Anonymous said...

I just bought my first ever pack of hockey cards the other day... for my nephew, who is learning to skate so he can play hockey. Never heard of a single player I/we pulled!

Anonymous said...

I just bought my first ever pack of hockey cards the other day... for my nephew, who is learning to skate so he can play hockey. Never heard of a single player I/we pulled!

Twitch said...

Thanks for the knowledge, Captain. Think "net-finders" will ever catch on?

Yeah, I don't know much about hockey either, Priceless. The only guy I was really aware of is Turco, the apparently Chara is pretty good.

kevincrumbs said...

Yes, BAP is one auto a pack.

Twitch said...

Thanks, Kevin!