Monday, June 15, 2009

2006 MLB Fleer Greats of the Game

Always on the lookout for card sets featuring players of the past, I stumbled across an auction for a box of 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game. Since there were a bunch of Barry Larkin cards in it, I decided to purchase the box. Here's one of the packs, showing one of the nicer hits of the box.

2006 Fleer Greats of the Game


4. Barry Larkin

Awesome! I'm a big Larkin fan and am actively trying to collect as many of his cards as I can. The backs of the cards are nice too, they feature the entire career statistics as well as a small writeup about the player.

44. George Kell
I don't know much about Kell, but I can say that while the cards are glossy they still have enough of an "old time" look to them that they work with black and white and color photos.

70. Paul O'Neill

Decade Greats:
DEC-NR. Nolan Ryan

Dodgers Greats Autograph
LAD-MW. Maury Wills Autograph #2/30

This was a nice pull. Each hobby box has 2 autographs and 2 relics in it on average.


Overall, I thought this was a pretty good pack - no complaints!

5 comments:

Matt Runyon said...

Looks like a cool set.

beardy said...

Nice looking cards, and nice pull!

Nachos Grande said...

Yeah, I really like this set...I'm thinking of getting a second box off eBay...

Anonymous said...

Made of win. How much the boxes run?

Word Verification: kiness

night owl said...

Can't get better than Maury. Very nice!