Saturday, May 05, 2012

1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Series 1

 And so our next pack for review is...well, let me clean things up a bit and see exactly what it is.


The pack is 1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Series 1. This was just after I stopped collecting cards when I was 15.  I soon found cars, comics, and music to spend my money on and baseball cards took a back seat  for the next fifteen or so years.


Each pack has one insert card which has a foil stamped signature of the player featured.  Each pack gets a silver foil and gold foil stamps are 1 in every 36 packs...so I imagine that is one per box.  

#220 Joseph Oliver Silver Signature Insert
I collect Tom Gordon cards...maybe it's because he has a Stephen King novel named after him...maybe it's because he pitched a surprising amount of years in the big leagues...21 seasons to be exact.  Maybe it's because he has one of the all-time nicknames [Flash Gordon] or it might be that he is the only pitcher in baseball history to have more than 100 wins, saves, and holds.  For those unfamiliar with the "hold" stat here is a more detailed description.

#112 Tom Gordon
This has got to be one of the best looking checklist cards I've ever seen.  Topps should do more of this with their current checklists.

#318 Mike Piazza Checklist



1 comment:

Kicky Sam said...

Nice Flash Gordon Mojo