Friday, March 25, 2011

2000 Fleer Mystique Baseball (Hobby)

Since I'm a semi-regular contributor to this blog, it's only right that I use my recent group break to pad the listings on here. What good is it to open a pack without contributing to the cause? So, I'm going to be featuring one pack from each of the seven boxes I opened for the group break. In each case, this will be the first pack seen on video. That means, if you've already watched, then you know what's coming.

We're looking for all of this crazy stuff inside including game used (didn't happen), prospects (got a few of those), and Fresh ink autos (oh yes. Yes there were, just not in this particular pack).

#96 - Alex Rodriguez - These scan terribly. Aside from the player picture, the card is nothing but foil. The backgrounds consist of ominous multi-colored blobs. Depending on how you look at things, Rodriguez was either a sign of good things to come or a terrible way to start off the break that we had to overcome. Either way, the end result was positive.

#116 - Mo Vaughn - I like to imagine that Mo is still waiting for the pitch. There he is, crouched in ready position. The tongue is out. The ball is mid-flight. Mo crush ball with one hand! Mo club good!

#36 - Geoff Jenkins - The fronts of the cards, I am impartial to. The backs I enjoy quite a bit. Decent room for the stats, nice big card number, nice big picture, hypno-circles secretly implanting messages to buy more.

#2 of 10 S - Chipper Jones - Supernaturals - I got two of these in the box, so I can show the front and back of this in one go-round. This was originally covered, and I wish I had planned far enough ahead to scan a covered card before I peeled and cleaned them all up. I can hear 5 Ghost Chippers laughing at me over it right now.

#104 - Rondell White - Hey, remember the Expos? What a great logo they had. That little circle of foil surrounding the logo bugs me, it always looks off-center even though it probably is fine.

Checklist - Just in case you want to see it, here's checklist 2 of 2.

And there you have it. If you want to check out the rest of the break and find out what you missed out on, head on over to my blog. If you only want to see the first packs from each box, stay right here and refresh like a madman. It'll pop up eventually.

2 comments:

LoCoDe said...

Mo being left handed and all, he's already seen the pitch and seemingly hit it, as he's on his way to 1st.

"mystique"? Never heard of them. Strange idea.

Anonymous said...

I like the set. At least you got a Arod.