Saturday, August 03, 2013

2011 Topps Platinum NFL Retail

Greetings!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.  I have returned from our just-ended Disney World vacation.  The boys did surprisingly well, given the Florida humidity.  For some reason, they really enjoyed Spaceship Earth (the Epcot ball).  Rode it twice (there was no wait).

I was on the lookout for any Disney-themed trading cards, but didn't come across any in the 4 theme parks.  Maybe there was some in Downtown Disney, I don't know.  In any event, it's time for another pack, so I might as well pick up where I left off.  Here's a pack of 2011 Topps Platinum NFL!




I got 2 packs from the restocked $1.59 Target bin, so I've scanned both packs for you.  Here's what I got from the first pack:


#95 - Kenny Britt
#113 - LeSean McCoy
#59 - Colin Kaepernick (RC)
#23 - Mike Williams

The cards are much more shinier than last year's edition.  Again, I prefer the Topps Chrome setup that shows the action around the player.  Here are the backs:


Just like the prior edition, the Rookie Cards are more glossy than the base card counterparts.  I would have preferred to see complete stats.  Here's what I got in the second pack:




#126 - Zach Miller
#131 - Fred Jackson
#73 - Prince Amukamara (RC)
#6 - Marques Colston

And the backs for completeness:


Anyway, those are the packs.  The obvious winner was the Colin RC.

A quick shout-out to the Wifey, whose birthday is today.  More later...thanks for reading!

No comments: