Monday, April 12, 2010

2007 Topps Opening Day

Here's another staple of the repack scene. With this year's Opening Day set, Topps traded in the gum for 2 extra cards and a larger variety of inserts for the same low price. Not bad, though unfortunately there is very little difference in design to make it stand out on its own. On the other hand, the 2007 Opening Day set is a nice complement to the regular base set with its white borders instead of black.

141 - Raul Ibanez

155 - Mark Redman (I wonder what Mark Redman is up to these days. He was an All-Star in 2006 with a 5.71 ERA by season's end and hasn't played since 2008. Yes, I said "All-Star".)
104 - Ken Griffey Jr.

121 - Kenji Johjima (Lots of Mariners in this pack.)

213 - Lou Seal (I was going to make a Pablo Sandoval joke, but I just don't have it in me today.)

OD Puzzle 2 - Adam Dunn Puzzle (This is actually the back of the card. The "front" just shows Ryan Howard head, one of his arms and his torso.)

No comments: