Thursday, July 15, 2010

2008-09 Bowman Draft Picks and Stars Basketball

The NBA has been in the news a fair amount in the past week or so. In light of that, I thought I'd toss up a hoops pack here. There aren't enough prospects in the NBA to sustain an entire set, so Bowman changes the Draft Picks & Prospects line for basketball and calls it Draft Picks & Stars. So, basically, this is like every other NBA set as far as that is concerned.

100 - Dwyane Wade (I've kind of gotten over the stupid blue tape Wade wore on his face during one of the past All-Star Weekends. I haven't really gotten over the stupid way his name is spelled, though. Oh, and some guys joined his team recently, which he also resigned with.)

1 - Tracy McGrady (Sucks now.)

28 - Luis Scola Gold 30/50 (Hooray! A 1:101 parallel card of a guy I can't stand. Scola was a late 2nd round draft pick by the Spurs once and was basically given away.)

67 - Shawn Marion Chrome Refractor 272/499 (Another crazy insert? Why am I never this lucky when I buy baseball packs? I don't dislike Marion the way I dislike Scola or Wade, but he's not exactly an elite player.)

148 - Sonny Weems (And then there's Sonny Weems...)

If anyone out there likes basketball cards, send me an e-mail. I have a bunch of them that I don't need.

No comments: