Thursday, June 11, 2009

1986 Topps 3-D Baseball Stars


Picked this up on a trip to Cooperstown last year. As you can see, they were only $.50, so I bought 2. Everything was 3D in the mid 80's, but my expectations are still pretty low. Let's see what we got in here, shall we.
Eddie Murray! Not too shabby, and he appears to be coming right at me, or at least glaring right at me. That hat is looking sweet with the afro-puffs spewing from the sides. These cards are printed on plastic, and are almost like a relief, since they are literally textured. Eddie is raised above the flat plastic sides. These are also pretty large, around 4"x6".

Talk about a Hall of Fame pack!

3 comments:

Matt Runyon said...

Cool! I hadn't heard of these. I wonder if it was some sort of regional test set.

Matt Runyon said...

Cool! I hadn't heard of these. I wonder if it was some sort of regional test set.

--David said...

Man, that is cool... and freaky at the same time... Put on your 3-d glasses and really get freaked out!!